Joanna Wróblewska is a visual artist and an art educator with more than 10 years of professional experience in higher education. In 2010, she obtained a Ph.D. degree in visual arts. Since then Joanna has worked as an art teacher and facilitator in several countries. In June 2020, she obtained an MA degree in Expressive Arts Therapy (with a Minor in Psychology).
Currently, Joanna lives in Germany and works as a freelance Expressive Arts consultant & art-based facilitator. She believes that art-making can inspire, connect, and transform humans on multiple levels.
Joanna specializes in deep cross-cultural and interdisciplinary work using grounding elements of East Asian practices, elements of active imagination, and deep relaxation. She is a Yoga Nidra teacher in training.
Joanna works in English, Polish and German. She also has the ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients.
SAY YES! to ChangeS with DEEP ART-BASED WORK
What matters to me the most is to empower people of various cultures and origins by encouraging them to find their true voice using the arts.
As an active visual artist and art-based consultant/facilitator, I deeply believe that art is indigenous to humans. The ability to make art is something that we all share.
My mission is to support personal and organizational growth, promote healthy self-expression, and cultivate a deep cross-cultural connection between people.
FIND YOUR TRUE VOICE
Invite little miracles into your life. Discover hidden treasures of your personal resources. Make a smoother transition.
Through Expressive Arts, you can explore your identity, connect with yourself and others, create more awareness, integrate existing knowledge with new findings, find a place of belonging, and welcome change with more ease.
It is all about how you shape your story.
- Individuals seeking support in challenging life situations and willing to reframe their life.
- Artists and other professionals experiencing stress, burn out, or conflict in their workplace.
- People experiencing creative blocks and other similar difficulties.
- Exhausted parents in need of self-care and relaxation, or seeking a place of reconnection with their inner child.
- Individuals in the process of psychotherapy, who would like to look at their life from a different perspective and find new resources.
- Therapists, coaches, counsellors, and social workers longing for more self-care and rest.
- People experiencing difficulties in adapting to new circumstances in life.
- Individuals going through a major transition related to a career change, identity, move to a new place, or a cultural shock.
- International student, employee or scientist and their families settling down in a new location.
- Individuals representing minority groups and struggling with finding a place of belonging in a larger community like a nation, a country, or a land.
- People coming from a cross-cultural background and willing to explore their identity.
- Migrants, refugees, and expats integrating a foreign culture.
- Groups experiencing difficulties in going through a transformation.
- Communities needing support in expressing and acknowledging collective trauma and reconnecting with their stories.
Currently, I offer support in the form of individual experiential sessions, offline and online, group workshops, and community activities. In my consultant/facilitator work, I mainly use Expressive Arts Therapy methods.
Benefits of Deep Art-based Work
- Increases self-awareness and self-understanding,
- Helps to discover already existing and new resources,
- Teaches relaxation and body-awareness,
- Increases physical, mental, and emotional flexibility,
- Helps to deal with traumatic experiences,
- Supports coping mechanisms and builds resilience,
- Promotes openness to new experiences and healthy ways of self-expression,
- Explores relationships and improves soft skills,
- Supports team-building,
- Stimulates creativity and feeds imagination,
- Builds aesthetic responsibility,
- Excites, inspires, and empowers people to live life more fully.
The Expressive Arts process is for everyone. No previous experience with arts is required. Just be open to coming to your senses through the arts!