art-based Discovery LAB
Art-based Discovery LAB is a non-judgemental space created to experiment and play with various forms of expression and inspiring art-making techniques. We invite all artists, art therapists, coaches, facilitators, and people who enjoy making art to discover new tools that can be applied to both their personal artistic practice and in therapeutic settings with clients.
“Nothing is more important than creative play through imagination. Never stop playing, and never stop imagining!” ― Carmela Dutra
In our art-based Discovery LAB, we have one main goal: to play with the arts and learn about new and inspiring art-based tools, both analogue and digital. If this is what you need, please join us every two months on a cosy Wednesday evening. Let’s awaken our natural ability to be playful, genuinely expressive, and joyful. Let’s invite pleasure into our professional and creative development. Let’s learn how to actively use all those fascinating art-based tools that wait for us out there!
- Discover new artistic tools and enrich your spectrum of artistic skills
- Learn how to actively use newly discovered techniques in your art studio and with clients
- Relax into art-making and find new ways of expressing your narratives
- Become more playful and stimulate your creativity
- Learn to laugh and be more spontaneous in the art-making process
- Open to the unpredictability of the creative processes
- Experience flow and find more ease in art-making
- Artists, art therapists, psychotherapists, coaches, facilitators, and other mental-health practitioners
- Other mental health professionals who are willing to loosen up and stimulate their creative potential
- Educators willing to learn what is possible in art-oriented classroom settings
- All people who would like to get into the flow and explore new art-based tools & techniques
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- 5x 120 minutes of art-making in a group of international participants
- Yearly access to a WhatsApp group, in which we will share our experiments
- PDF handouts and/or a video recordings explaining the tool or technique used during the session
- An opportunity to ask questions and receive clarifications also after the sessions
- Optionally, a basic toolkit (excl. from the workshop price below)
Duration: 120 min.
Dates: (1) October 18th, 2023 – (2) December 13th, 2023 – (3) February 21st, 2024 – (4) April 17th, 2024 – (5) June 12th, 2024
Time: 7-9pm CET/CEST
Number of participants: 10 spots available
Location: online [Zoom]
Structure: In each session, we will explore a different technique asking for a bit more preparation and engagement than in our previous art-based Discovery LAB sessions. In the season 2023/24, we would like to get messy and open up to some playful experiences including paint, paper, and fabric. let’s come to our senses by exploring the following techniques (1) gelli plate printing, (2) papier-mâché, (3) stitching, (4) the art of dying, (5) screen printing at home.
For those of you, who will feel a bit lazy about finding the right art materials, we will prepare art toolkits including all basic items necessary for the sessions and inform you about the price as soon as possible.
Contribution: 225€ (excl. art materials)
All sessions are fully confidential. We are under the regular supervision of licensed expressive arts professionals.
Are you interested in this offer? Register today:-)