SEMINAR #6 The Wisdom of Shiatsu with Aleksandra Hoffmann
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER!
Shiatsu is a healing art from Japan that uses touch. Its roots go back to Chinese medicine and ancient Japanese massage techniques. Shiatsu offers a holistic approach and sees the human being as a combination of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy. If all aspects are considered, our life force (Chi or Ki) can flow easily and naturally.
Touch is thought to be the first sense, that humans develop. It is closely linked to feeling safe and secure within ourselves. During a Shiatsu treatment we can experience how soothing it can be, to feel whole and at home in our body.
In this seminar we are inviting you to open up to your sense of touch. We will follow a simple Shiatsu practice and experience how it is to awaken this part of ourselves. With that we will create space for anything that wants to be seen and witnessed, nourishing a deeper connection with our life force.
- Learn the very basics about the sense of touch seen from the perspective of Shiatsu
- Give yourself a chance to grow through the lived experience of a simple Shiatsu practice
- Learn how the sense of touch can be awaken through your hands
- Experience the power of touch and start to use simple Shiatsu-inspired techniques in your own self-care practice
- Learn to offer simple Shiatsu-inspired routines to individual clients and groups in your facilitation, coaching, or therapy practice
- Anyone who is interested in how we can develop the sense of touch through Shiatsu
- Individuals interested in learning what is Shiatsu and how this practice can support us on multiple levels
- Expressive Arts practitioners who would like learn how to incorporate simple Shiatsu-inspired techniques into their practice
- Health practitioners, therapists, social workers, coaches, psychologists, doctors, psychiatrists wanting to explore the healing power of touch
Aleksandra Hoffmann is a certified Shiatsu practitioner based in Berlin, Germany. She supports clients in times of physical & emotional stress, so they can feel into their bodies and their inner needs and find peace within themselves. In her experience touch connects us with our core, with everything that is essential and requires space in any given time of life. Aleksandra works with clients individually, in workshops, and also teaches about the benefits of self-massage.
Date: 10 November 2021, 7pm CET
Theme: The Wisdom of Shiatsu. Understanding ourselves and our world through touch
Speaker: Aleksandra Hoffmann
Duration: between 90 – 120 min. depending on the participant’s engagement (the last 30min. will be devoted to a discussion, feedback, and an exchange of ideas)
Software: online [Zoom]
Materials: please bring your journal and a pen
*The seminar will be recorded. Even if you can’t participate in person, you can still register and get a link to watch the seminar at your own time.
See you all very soon!