SEMINAR #7 Yoga as a Form of Communication with Dora Chan & Carolina Carvajal
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER!
In the fast-paced world in which we live, stress is widespread and pervasive. When we live in chronic stress, this causes dis-ease in all areas of our lives – physically, psychologically, socially and spiritually. Yoga is a powerful and effective tool to ease stress, relieve tension and ground us back into the present moment in our bodies. It not only helps us to regulate our nervous systems, but also connects us to our most authentic selves. Starting with the body, we can learn how to find ease and equanimity even amidst all changing circumstances of life. This can allow us to truly connect with our bodies and create new communication channels between different parts of ourselves.
In this workshop, Dora Chan and Carolina Carvajal will share with you a few ways, in which we can use yoga to help us reconnect with our bodies and learn to ground ourselves back into the present moment. Through yoga, we can activate the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system (rest and digest response) to support us in the restoration, rejuvenation and true healing of body, mind and heart. This can be extremely beneficial not only to us as individuals but also to our clients.
- Learn simple yoga poses supporting you in finding more grounding
- Give yourself a chance to grow through the lived experience of gentle yoga
- Learn how yoga can help you to find new communication channels between your body, mind, and heart
- Experience the power of simple yoga poses and learn how to practice them by yourself
- Learn to offer simple yoga-inspired routines to individual clients and groups in your facilitation, coaching, or therapy practice
- Anyone who is interested in how we can develop new channels of communication with our bodies
- Individuals interested in learning how yoga can influence our body, mind, and heart
- Expressive Arts practitioners who would like learn how to incorporate simple yoga-inspired techniques into their practice
- Health practitioners, therapists, social workers, coaches, psychologists, doctors, psychiatrists wanting to explore the healing power of yoga
Dora Chan is a former Medical Researcher, Holistic Stress & Resilience Coach, Yoga and iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Teacher who is passionate about creating a safe and compassionate space for whole-person healing in body, mind and soul. With a multidisciplinary background, Dora has a unique perspective in recognizing and finding solutions to obvious and hidden sources of stress that show up in our lives both physically and psychologically. She is dedicated to serving and supporting those in her community with trauma-informed practices of Yoga and Meditation.
Carolina Carvajal is a Colombian language and yoga teacher. She has been practicing yoga for over 10 years and is now certified in yoga therapy. Carolina teaches group yoga classes online and offers individual yoga therapy sessions. She also holds a master’s degree in Language Didactics and has taught in different countries which has allowed her to enrich her practice from the cultural experience. She can appreciate yoga as form of communication to relate with the world and our inner self and that is how she combines teaching strategies from both spheres to nourish her own teaching and learning path and to provide her students with wider and deeper experiences.
Date: 8 December 2021, 7pm CET
Theme: Yoga as a form of communication: Grounding into the present moment
Speaker: Dora Chan & Carolina Carvajal
Duration: between 90 – 120 min. depending on the participant’s engagement (the last 30min. will be devoted to a discussion, feedback, and an exchange of ideas)
Software: online [Zoom]
Materials: please bring your journal (or two pieces of paper) and a couple of colourful markers; we recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and warm socks, please prepare a yoga mat (or just use any type of an available surface that is not slippery); it would be great if you could also bring one or two blankets, a couple of books (that would replace yoga blocks, if you don’t have them at home), and a cushion or two to support yourself during the practice offered by our speakers
*The seminar will be recorded. Even if you can’t participate in person, you can still register and get a link to watch the seminar at your own time.
See you all very soon!