Yohaku Discovery LAB
Yohaku Discovery LAB is a non-judgemental space created to experiment and play with various forms of expression and inspiring art-making techniques. We invite all artists, art therapists, coaches, facilitators, and people who enjoy making art to discover new tools that can be applied to both their personal artistic practice and in therapeutic settings with clients.
“Nothing is more important than creative play through imagination. Never stop playing, and never stop imagining!” ― Carmela Dutra
In our Yohaku Discovery LAB, we have one main goal: to play with the arts and learn about new and inspiring art-based tools, both analogue and digital. If this is what you need, please join us once a month on a Wednesday evening. Let’s awaken our natural ability to be playful, genuinely expressive, and joyful. Let’s invite pleasure into our professional & creative development. Let’s learn how to actively use all those fascinating art-based tools that wait for us out there!
- Discover new artistic tools and enrich your spectrum of artistic skills
- Learn how to actively use newly discovered techniques in your art studio and with clients
- Relax into art-making and find new ways of expressing your narratives
- Become more playful and stimulate your creativity
- Learn to laugh and be more spontaneous in the art-making process
- Open to the unpredictability of the creative processes
- Experience flow and find more ease in art-making
- Artists, art therapists, psychotherapists, coaches, facilitators, and other mental-health practitioners
- Other mental health professionals who are willing to loosen up and stimulate their creative potential
- Educators willing to learn what is possible in art-oriented classroom settings
- All people who would like to get into the flow and explore new art-based tools & techniques
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- 120 minutes of art-making in a group of international participants
- Experimental process using an inspiring technique or tool
- PDF handout and/or a video recording explaining the tool or technique used during the session
- An opportunity to ask questions and receive clarifications also after the workshop
Duration: 120 min.
Time: every third Wednesday of the month [excl. winter break in December, and summer break in July-September]
Number of participants: 10 spots available
Location: online [Zoom]
Upcoming gathering: 16 November 2022, 7-9pm CET
In our fast-changing discipline, new art-based techniques and methods of work constantly emerge and become popular. Some of them seem to be very effective in promoting mindfulness, relaxation, and peace of mind. There are many simple, yet very interesting mindful drawing techniques potentially leading to more emotional regulation and internal balance. Some people even claim that techniques like Neurographica or Zentangle Art can be very “addictive” and once you start using them you simply can’t stop! In the upcoming art-based Discovery LAB session, we will look at ways of including various mindful drawing techniques in the expressive arts processes and experience their direct effect on our group members. Please join us on Zoom!
Theme: mindful drawing
Art materials: black marker(s), sharpies or felt markets, watercolour pencils or markers, crayons, A4 paper
Contribution: 27€ (single session) | 75€ (three sessions)
All sessions are fully confidential. We are under the regular supervision of licensed expressive arts professionals.
Are you interested in this offer? Register today:-)